Jacque Anquetil's 1962 Tour de France Winning Bike

Monday, October 31, 2011

Six Wheels

Still getting over my cold -- feeling much better, thank you -- I was determined to continue riding at recovery pace.  To help with motivation for a slow ride, I picked up the October 2011 issue of Car and Driver that was lying on the VeloSF coffee table and read it for 30 minutes while I pedaled.  I was somewhat surprised at my enthusiasm for the magazine's subject matter -- car tests -- and its effect on my riding -- I was riding, well, enthusiastically.  Too enthusiastically for the state of my health, but it felt good, so I let myself get carried away by the handling comparison of cars costing under $40k.  For the curious readers, Mitsubishi Lancer beat out Miyata, Mini, VW GTI, Mustang, and another car.

123

No comments:

Post a Comment