Jacque Anquetil's 1962 Tour de France Winning Bike

Monday, November 7, 2011

Retrainer

Two more days on the trainer.  My tendon pain has migrated up my leg and is now where one would expect to have shin splints.  A tiny blessing -- pain being higher up the leg, I don't have to reach as far to rub it.  For a change, this case of shin splints came on with no weight bearing exercise.  Two days later, it still aches.  The pain seems duller and a bit more widespread and I hope it'll abate soon.

Meanwhile, the streak must go on and in my lame state I'm reduced to easy pedaling on the trainer.  Yesterday I took it easy, today I rode a bit harder.  It felt fine for a while, but as I picked up the pace, I began feeling it.  It's never so debilitating that I have to stop or slow down on the bike, so I keep going.  Walking it's not so great.  It aches.  The pain doesn't affect my pace, but it definitely affects my gait.

130

 .

No comments:

Post a Comment