Jacque Anquetil's 1962 Tour de France Winning Bike

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Back on the Train (-er)

Yesterday I did 30 minutes at home, but I must have been feeling better because I pushed it hard enough that sweat was pouring off of me liberally.  Felt good.  Today, I went to the gym and, because the shin splints are still bothering me, decided to take it easy.  But, as we know, deciding to take it easy and taking it easy are two different things.  I did 35 minutes hard with the class, but modified the workout.  I did all the training zones but kept the cadence in the low 90s the entire time and not going into hyper-drive mode since that is what gives me the shin splints in the first place.  Then I cooled down for 5 minutes.  It was nice to work.  If I had to give my shin a grade, I'd give it a B-, but it's no worse than it was before the class, which is encouraging.

132

 .

No comments:

Post a Comment