Jacque Anquetil's 1962 Tour de France Winning Bike

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Blackjack!

I've no idea how far I rode today, but I do know that I rode from 4:38 a.m. To 7:35 a.m. By 6:00 I was in a group of nine. The front of the group was riding casually, conversationally. I struggled, bringing up the rear, but hung on gamely. By the time we reached the Pinehurst/Canyon intersection, the group had disintegrated and I was alone. This was a good thing, as I could just ride at my pace. I slowed down and spun. As I rode today, I appreciated how different riding indoors at VeloSF is from a hilly road ride. I think my climbing legs will return soon to join my spinning legs.

Again, I wondered whether I should attempt riding Marin Century on August 6 or a metric 100. I suppose if I ride sensibly I can go 100 miles, which would be a huge accomplishment so soon after my surgery.

I think I'll go for it. Slowly.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment