Jacque Anquetil's 1962 Tour de France Winning Bike

Friday, July 29, 2011

4444444444444444; Yawn

Oops, my finger got stuck to the "4" the key.  Rode for 44:44 in class today; a recovery ride after an earnest effort yesterday.  I am finding these recovery rides in class mentally harder than hard rides.  On hard days, I focus on effort, on breathing, on form, on hydration, etc.  On recovery days, I focus on the clock.  I think I have a Uri Geller effect on the clock because when I watch it it slows down.  Others are working and sweating while I feel bored and disconnected.  It may be mentally easier to do recovery rides outdoors, but I've never been able to ride at recovery intensity outdoors.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can put up with the boredom twice a week.

 .

No comments:

Post a Comment